Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I'm Back

Well, was I ever surprised a few days ago when I tried to log onto my blog and it was gone.  That's right ~ it was gone.  

I've had my same blog, "Capturing A Moment In Time" for 6 years and owned that name by virtue of paying Blogger for that domain (as a .com).  Well, when Google took over Blogger they apparently decided that they weren't going to be providing these services any longer.

I had two choices, #1 ~ go with a different domain server {which was a LOT more expensive and I probably couldn't have kept the same name} and #2 ~ just let my blog revert back to .blogspot.com which is what I elected to do.  

Well, long story short, it didn't work.  Google just wiped my blog off the face of the earth ~ if you go to my old blog address now, it's this ugly kind of "pop up ad".  Yuck ~ I HATE pop up ads and now I am one.  LOL  

SO, if you're looking for "Capturing A Moment In Time" ~ you've come to the right place.  I decided to make a fresh start and call my blog {CREATE} which is what I started out with on Typepad in early 2006.  I don't remember exactly why I changed my blog name, but anyway, I'm back to {CREATE}.  Of course, that name wasn't available as a "blogger address" so you can find me at http://cherylndesignscreate.blogspot.com ~ I know that's a mouthfull, but my professional name is CherylNDesigns and my old/new blog is {CREATE} so just put it all together and add .blogspot.com and you have it.  See, easy-peasy.  Haha

This is kind of a test post just to get me going so I'll end here and hit "publish" and be back in a day or so to catch up on some DT projects.

~ Cheryl ~


12 comments:

  1. WOOT!! So glad you are back!! Missed you in the blogging land!
    Sorry about what happened to your last blog that such a bummer and shame on them for doing that!
    Love the new look!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of your blog... and the name is too cute! Woo hoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you had to go through all that but I love this new look. Maybe you should consider it a whole new start in life as well as blogging. :) I'm sure this blog will be just as wonderful if not BETTER than the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back Cheryl. I had to start a new blog because of lots of problems on bloggers side so know exactly how you feel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the blog fiasco! Glad you are back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So happy to see you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nightmare for you!! So glad you are back though!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cheryl. I'm happy to be the 12th person to follow your new blog. I hope you get all 250+ followers back. I can't even imagine loosing my entire blog and I don't have a 10% of the following you did. Sorry that google did this to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, that is crazy! So sorry you are having to go through this mess. One plus for me, I had to go through hoops and whistles to leave a comment on your old blog, but this one is normal! Good luck my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woot, woot! Glad you are up and running again! Missed you! Sorry about your old blog. That really sucks. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh I wondered where your blog was when I went to it... uggghhh what a pain but sooo glad you are back up and running!!!! I'm followin ya!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!! I LOVE each and every one of them!